Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunrise 5 Part 1

This morning, nestled in the hills of the Connecticut River Valley, I sat on a slope beside the Higganum Reservoir and painted the sunrise peeking over the sleepy hills.

It was quite nice to share the early morning hours with the resevoir, an old friend whom I have known since the carefree adolescent days of highschool when my sweetie and i would escape school early to go ropeswinging off its steep edges.

I was only able to capture on canvas paper the first layer of this sunrise. The backdrop needed to dry before I added any more paint, so I put the painting aside and sat with the steaming and mysterious lake in silence and watched the sky lighten. Tomorrow I will return to this same painting and add the next layer of detail.







No comments:

Post a Comment