Friday, April 2, 2010

Correction: el amanecer. Sunrise 12 = Sunrise 7 part 2

I was informed that my spelling of Spanish sunrise with incorrect. Thanks Kerri :)

For Sunrise 12, I returned to the reservoir with Sunrise 7. It had been raining for days; I sat next to the raging waterfall and painted. Despite the fury of the waterfall, the lake remained as still and silent as ever, giving nothing away.

I am facing southeastish as I paint this scene. The sun, rising in the east, illuminates the sky in the southeast and then reflects into the lake. It's pretty spectacular.

I failed to bring the majority of my paint tubes with me. Again. So, I used the limited palette to add another layer to the painting. In actuality, the scene was much mistier, much grayer. So, I will return to this painting again to add the final detail.




No comments:

Post a Comment